Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Prayer for a Friend


Let me be worthy to love thee, friend,
as purely as I should
With the strength of my devotion
inspiring me to good.
Let me serve thee in the menial tasks
that others deem too small,
Striving in my effort
to please thee most of all.
Let me learn to step aside, dear friend,
should others have a need,
Relinquishing possessiveness,
resisting selfish greed,
Knowing well the ties that bind us
are too strong to break apart
As I cling to tender memories
from the garden of my heart.
Let my love be not demanding
but rather let it be
Like a rainbow on thy pathway
ever leading back to me,
Full of golden dreams and laughter,
ever faithful to the end;
Oh,, teach me how to love thee
and be worthy of thee, friend.

~ Evelyn Kintop

No comments:

Post a Comment