Saturday, July 25, 2015

When I Grow Tired


 Sometimes when I grow tired and long to rest -
Wishing I could lay aside my load,
Feeling I have given life my best,
Smiled so that my heartache never showed -
I am sorely tempted to complain,
Especially when blood and bone grow weak,
But then I take a longer look again,
And my lot doesn't seem so cold or bleak.

For I have memories of lovely things,
Returning to me at a moment's call,
In dead of Winter there's a bird who sings
And morning glories climbing up a wall.
I have stored securely in my heart
The vision of a thousand Summer days,
So life and I just walk a bit apart
That I may hear the forest when it prays.

~ Grace E. Easley

At dawn let me hear of Your kindness,
for in You I trust. Show me the path I
should walk, for to You I entrust my life.
Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment