Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Why God Made Puppies

 
When I was a young girl and death stole my pet
It brought on a trauma I'd not soon forget.
I hid in my room and no food would I take,
I wondered if God hadn't made one mistake:
He granted a puppy with whom I had grown,
But gave her a life span far short of my own.
 
Then when I matured, as if God had a plan,
I soon settled down with a dog-loving man.
We took in the homeless, the frail and the weak;
We also converted the vicious to meek.
I learned the Great Lesson is not years they bear,
But strong bonds of trust and the love that you share.
 
And so as we've journeyed down life's winding road,
A number of puppies have shared our abode.
Both large ones and small ones with long floppy ears.
We've cherished the joys which were tempered with tears.
And now as I thank God in Heaven above,
I know He made puppies to teach us to love.
 
~ Toni Fulco
 

No comments:

Post a Comment